Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.

Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey. My goal is to share a little about my life, and a lot about my longarm quilting business, Lone Tree Designs.

Monday, January 16, 2012

So Many Projects, Sew Little Time!

The new quilt I am working on for my class in February.
After spending a couple of days last week helping my mom in her quilt shop, I returned home with all kinds of ideas and plans for new quilts.  Alas, I had to continue my work on customer quilts, too.  However, I did manage to get quite a bit done on a sample using the Lazy Angle Ruler for a class that I plan to teach at the shop at the end of February.  I decided that unless I am up against a serious deadline, I am going to spend at least part of the day on Saturday, or Sunday afternoons, sewing on my own projects.  All work and no play can make Sandi a crabby girl!  It's a good thing that my "work" is kind of like "play" most of the time!
A customer's first quilt which she made in mom's beginning quilting class.
I decided on an all over panto-style free motion quilting for this quilt since she asked for an E2E design.  I used off-white thread since there were a lot of colors in the quilt, and it ended up looking very nice.  She was quite pleased with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time from your busy life to comment on my blog!