Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.

Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey. My goal is to share a little about my life, and a lot about my longarm quilting business, Lone Tree Designs.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Eleanor Burns' Lover's Knot is well under way!

I am making a Lover's Knot quilt for my daughter's wedding.  I chose the pattern because of the name, and because a Lover's Knot was the first big quilt I ever made with my mom when I was first married.  My daughter chose the fabrics because she wants to decorate her future bedroom in black, white, and red.  She is already so far ahead of me when it comes to decorating her future apartment/home.  I am pretty sure when I got married 25 years ago, we did not register for anything (was there even such a thing as registering?) and, therefore, we got all kinds of hodge podge stuff for gifts.  My daughter, on the other hand, has chosen color schemes for each room, registered for towels, kitchenwares, bedroom and living room stuff, all with color schemes in mind.  Crazy cool!!!  I am very interested in decorating and keeping a nice home, and it is gratifying to see that those ideas have rubbed off on her.  Anyway, she chose the fabrics for said quilt, and it is my pleasure to create a beautiful addition to her future home.  My deadline is December 16th, and I am confident that I am well underway to getting it done on time:)

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful quilt pattern. I've never tried that one, but will keep it in mind.

    Looking through your blog, I see that you and I share some similar interests. Family (of course), scrapbooking, and quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time from your busy life to comment on my blog!