Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.

Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey. My goal is to share a little about my life, and a lot about my longarm quilting business, Lone Tree Designs.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Scrapping weekend introduced me to my new love...the Cricut!

This past weekend I went to a scrapper's retreat at Maranatha.  It was a lot of fun, and I was so happy with the amount of work that I got done.  I shared a table with my daughter in law, her mother, and a friend of her mom's.  It was a comfortable work environment.  Occasional friendly chatter occurred, but mostly, we just worked on our pages.  Because of my quilting business and helping my mom, I haven't been able to focus on scrapping for the past couple of years.  It felt so great to just put everything else out of my mind and enjoy the process.  I have been an avid scrapper for about 17 years, and it was awesome to get back to it.  I was so inspired that I came home and ordered 150 more prints from Snapfish, and went on Ebay and bought a Cricut.  I had never used one before this weekend, and I must say, that after having used it at the retreat...I HAD to buy one!  My first thought was to ask for one for Christmas from my hubby, but, then I realized that is two long months away!  Having never been good at delayed gratification, I took matters into my own hands, and found an awesome deal.  Yay for Ebay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time from your busy life to comment on my blog!