Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.

Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey. My goal is to share a little about my life, and a lot about my longarm quilting business, Lone Tree Designs.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

"The Help," the Cricut, and other Tidbits

So, first of all, I went to The Help with a couple of friends the other night...LOVED IT!  It was one of the best movies I have seen in quite awhile: a terrific history lesson, as well as, life lessons about courage and truth when it isn't the "easy" way.  I highly recommend it!
Second, I now own a Cricut and 5 cartridges!  You heard me--5 in a week.  In my defense, one came with the machine, 2 were from Amazon or Ebay for 1/2 price, and 2 were from Menards because they were clearancing out for only $14.99 each.  Still, I feel somewhat guilty for the outlay of so much money in a week on a "toy" for myself, that I have determined that my fall bonus from work absolutely MUST go to the credit card bill to pay for said "toy."
Third, I have been gone 9 out of the last 14 days, and I am sick of being gone!  I spent the past couple of days quilting, and the pictures of my work are added here.  Daughter and I have a scrapping date tomorrow to play with the new Cricut.  I will try to photograph some pages and add them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time from your busy life to comment on my blog!