Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.

Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey. My goal is to share a little about my life, and a lot about my longarm quilting business, Lone Tree Designs.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Scrapbooking convention, here I come!

I spend a lot of time quilting (duh, right).  I attended the statewide quilting convention in July.  But,  I do have other hobbies.  So, this week I am planning to be in the quilt shop for a few days, and then I am heading to a weekend-long scrapbooking convention.  I haven't scrapped in such a long time!  When I was a teacher, I spent every Christmas break and every summer vacation catching up on my scrapbooks.  I had three books going at all times; one for me, one for my son, and one for my daughter.  That way, I reasoned, when they moved out, they would each have all of their own books, and I would still have mine.  Well, the last time I worked in my own book was more than three years ago.  I made an engagement book for my son and his wife as a wedding shower gift three years ago, this fall.  The last scrapping I did was to catch up on my daughter's books for her graduation.  Now, I am so far behind the question is...where do I begin?  I packed way more than I could ever possible do, and plan to spend much of the week this week while I am at my parent's place just organizing so that I am ready to actually work when I get to the scrapping.  I think it will be a lot of fun, and I can't wait to feel like I am on a bit more on top of things with my scrapbooks.  I bought a new book for my grandkids, and I can't wait to start on it!