Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.

Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey. My goal is to share a little about my life, and a lot about my longarm quilting business, Lone Tree Designs.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Scrapbooking convention, here I come!

I spend a lot of time quilting (duh, right).  I attended the statewide quilting convention in July.  But,  I do have other hobbies.  So, this week I am planning to be in the quilt shop for a few days, and then I am heading to a weekend-long scrapbooking convention.  I haven't scrapped in such a long time!  When I was a teacher, I spent every Christmas break and every summer vacation catching up on my scrapbooks.  I had three books going at all times; one for me, one for my son, and one for my daughter.  That way, I reasoned, when they moved out, they would each have all of their own books, and I would still have mine.  Well, the last time I worked in my own book was more than three years ago.  I made an engagement book for my son and his wife as a wedding shower gift three years ago, this fall.  The last scrapping I did was to catch up on my daughter's books for her graduation.  Now, I am so far behind the question is...where do I begin?  I packed way more than I could ever possible do, and plan to spend much of the week this week while I am at my parent's place just organizing so that I am ready to actually work when I get to the scrapping.  I think it will be a lot of fun, and I can't wait to feel like I am on a bit more on top of things with my scrapbooks.  I bought a new book for my grandkids, and I can't wait to start on it! 

2 comments:

  1. I used to scrapbook a lot too. In fact, for awhile it overtook quilting as a hobby for me. My daughter and I have gone on weekend retreats to scrapbook. I hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog, cousin! Time has, also, gotten away from me and my scrapbooks, life gets busy. I try to find time here and there, but I do like to spread the pics, paper, etc all out, take my time, and enjoy the process! So, thanx for inspiring me. Have fun playing in your scrapbooks, also! Cris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time from your busy life to comment on my blog!