Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.

Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey. My goal is to share a little about my life, and a lot about my longarm quilting business, Lone Tree Designs.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Quilt Nebraska Here I Come!

Being on the planning committee for a major statewide event is not what I would call "fun."  I agreed to do it mainly because my mom was on the committee and I wanted to make sure that she didn't get in over her head.  Luckily, I talked several of my good friends from my quilt guild to join in the "fun."  Without them, I would have had many a long, lonely drive to the monthly meetings over the past year, and now, finally, as we bring this event to a close this week, it will be a great time sharing it with friends.  Most women that I know my own age, which I hate to own is 44, do not sew, quilt, or anything else domestic other than the usual keeping house and cooking for their families.  My generation tends to be scrapbookers.  I also love to scrap, but since beginning my longarm business a couple of years ago, my scrapbooking days are few and far between.  But, I digress.  This week, in  Kearney, we are having our yearly state convention.  The planning committee has been hard at work for several years lining up teachers, location, venders, etc. in order to make this event a success.  There are more than 200 ladies signed up to take classes over a three day period.  In spite of many frustrating road blocks put in our way by "the board," we were able to make some much-needed changes.  Rumors abound, but in the end, I believe we will win out, if not in dollar figures, in long lasting influence on future conventions.  I can't wait to see how it all shakes out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time from your busy life to comment on my blog!