Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.

Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey. My goal is to share a little about my life, and a lot about my longarm quilting business, Lone Tree Designs.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

The BUSY SEASON has arrived!

  Most years, the time between mid-November and January 1 is pretty crazy.  This year, it is going to be the usual multiplied by 10!  My daughter is getting married in mid-December and with showers, planning, Thanksgiving, last minute details, and Christmas...it seems there will not be enough hours in the days.  Added to that the fact that I am still working two days a week at my regular job, and new customers are still bringing me quilts with requests like, "I have 3 lap size quilts that need done in the next two weeks.  Oh, yah, the backs are too small so they need leaders sewn onto them, and none of them have been pressed.  Is there any way you could do that?"  My answer....Not a chance!  Sometimes, I wonder what people think it takes to quilt a quilt and do a good job.  Mostly, though, I love my customers.  They tend to say things like, "Do whatever you think will make it look good.  I trust you." or my personal favorite, "No hurry." (LOL)  I have to admit that I am looking forward to the day that I can just quilt full time.  That is my goal for 2012--if only I didn't have a wedding to pay off:)

1 comment:

  1. My personal favorite is "no hurry" also. Congrats on your daughter's upcoming wedding. I wish you success on finishing those quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time from your busy life to comment on my blog!