Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.

Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey. My goal is to share a little about my life, and a lot about my longarm quilting business, Lone Tree Designs.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My Fall Challenge Quilt Wins!

  A couple of times a year, our local quilt guild has a challenge.  The fall challenge was to make a project using pre cuts of some sort, whether charm squares, layer cakes, or jelly rolls.  I chose a new pack of Kansas Troubles charm squares.  My pattern of choice was from the book, Remembering Adelia.  The quilt was on the front cover of the book, and I thought it would be a creative way to use charm squares.  My applique method was raw edge fusible applique, which I applied and then blanket stitched around each with my new Baby Lock Melody sewing machine using Madeira rayon thread.  It looked fabulous!  My guild members must have agreed, since they voted my little wall quilt as the winner.  ( See pics below for a close up view)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time from your busy life to comment on my blog!