Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.

Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey. My goal is to share a little about my life, and a lot about my longarm quilting business, Lone Tree Designs.

Friday, June 28, 2013

The Old versus the New

So, as a longarm quilter, I get to work on a huge variety of quilts.  This week was no exception.  At the beginning of the week, I was working on an antique quilt that a lady's great-grandma made.  It is probably at least 75 years old.  When I first got it, I was not thrilled, but WOW, it turned out really pretty!

 
 
  At the end of the week, I worked on a gorgeous butterfly quilt that used the latest innovative 10 degree wedge ruler to create something truly amazing. This quilt is modern, and allowed for some fun and exciting quilting to really make it pop.  I used McTavishing, and several fill designs to add texture to the background.  The type of quilting that I used on the butterfly really wouldn't have been appropriate on the antique quilt. 
  I enjoy working on both types of quilts.  The old and the new each have their positive points.  Each require a different quilting style, thereby allowing me some creative license and the ability to use all of the things I have learned over the past three years.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time from your busy life to comment on my blog!