Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.

Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey. My goal is to share a little about my life, and a lot about my longarm quilting business, Lone Tree Designs.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Bus Trip to Bountiful





 Every now and then, we all need to get away for the day and just have some FUN!  I did just that last Saturday with my quilt guild from Grand Island when we went on a bus trip through northern Kansas.  Fifty-one wild women boarded a bus at 6:45 am and headed out on a mystery tour.  We knew the day would hold surprises and lots of fun, and we were not disappointed. 
  We hit 7 quilt shops, ate two meals on the go, and returned to Grand Island around 10 pm.  Man were our credit cards smokin' by the end of the day!  The highlight for me was the tour of the retreat center in Bennington, Kansas run by Kansas Troubles founder Lynne Hagmeier!  The pics above are all from that retreat space.  I want to go there and hang out with some friends!!!  For more about Lynne, check out her blog-site listed above. 
  The Kansas (and one Nebraska shop) quilt shops opened their doors wide to their neighbors from the north and each shop was full of a bounty of fabrics, notions, gifts, etc.  There wasn't one on the list that I wouldn't gladly visit again, and in fact, I plan to get back down there sometime in the next year.  I returned with an armful of Loralie Designs panels and coordinates, as well as, a renewed inspiration for my sewing projects! 

2 comments:

  1. Hey - I was born in Grand Island! Grew up in Lexington, where my quilting Mother would go on similar bus trips and LOVED them! Lucky you, there aren't many shops or shop hops out here - but I manage to collect fabric anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joan! You can always order online from my mom's shop in Kearney, the Quilters Cottage:) Her website is: quiltercottage.net It's my job to keep it updated, and I don't do a great job with it, but if you are ever looking for anything, give her a call. Also, be sure to follow us on facebook at Quilters Cottage!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time from your busy life to comment on my blog!