Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.

Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey. My goal is to share a little about my life, and a lot about my longarm quilting business, Lone Tree Designs.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Graduation Season is Over, thank goodness:)

  Is it me, or do more and more people these days seem to be making t-shirt quilts for graduation gifts?  I got my first call to be "put on the list" for graduation quilts back in January.  From then on, I was keeping my eye on deadlines and taking in lots of graduation gifts.  I finished the above, for a close friend, a week ago.  It was my last t-shirt quilt of the season.  I can't say that I was sad about that!  Sometimes, the monotony of t-shirt quilt after t-shirt quilt gets to me.  This one was a little different because we designed it together, I knew the graduate, and his school shirts were from the school where I taught social sciences and English for 16 years.  It also helped that I knew it was my last one for this May!
  Now that graduation season is over, it is time for wedding quilts.  My life used to be organized and ordered according to a school calendar.  I thought of time in terms of:  1st semester, 2nd semester, and summer.  Now, I find that I think of things in terms of:  graduation season, wedding season, fair season, and Christmas season.  Those are my busiest deadline times.  It can get stressful trying to decide exactly how much I can reasonably get finished and within what time frame I can expect to finish.  It is an inexact science, for sure.  I would welcome comments from fellow longarmers out there who have a system for figuring that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time from your busy life to comment on my blog!