Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.

Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey. My goal is to share a little about my life, and a lot about my longarm quilting business, Lone Tree Designs.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Quilting Outside the Box


  Several new patterns have come out lately that challenge quilters to "quilt outside the box."  Examples of what I am talking about are the above pictured "Stargello," the Spicy Spiral table runner, and Phillips Fiber Arts book Quilts Without Corners, which features all kinds of beautiful butterflies and rainbows of wedges.  All of these interesting projects use either a 9 or 10 degree wedge ruler.
  I am amazed by the creativity that led to these and many other awesome tools and patterns.  I have recently been working with tools by Deb Tucker for old-school eight pointed stars that (unlike the days of old) now can be made without y seams or set in places.  FABULOUS!  The Rapid Fire Hunters Star, Rapid Fire Lemoyne Star, etc. are marvels of engineering.  I am so glad that there are men and women out there who continue to make our quilting lives easier and, at the same time, help us make more and more beautiful works of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time from your busy life to comment on my blog!