Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.

Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey. My goal is to share a little about my life, and a lot about my longarm quilting business, Lone Tree Designs.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Custom beats Edge to Edge!

I recently had fun McTavishing this embroidered quilt for an elderly woman.  The handwork was very beautiful, and I insisted that she let me custom this quilt.  When she brought it to me, she requested edge to edge.  I told her that I couldn't ruin the quilt that way, and that if she wanted it done E2E, she would have to take it to someone else.  She decided to let me do it my way, and I am so glad she did!  It turned out so much nicer, and is now a true heirloom for her family.
Beyond that, I have been doing lots of quilts lately.  Every time I think that I will get ahead, I take in two or three more.  Right now, thankfully, I don't have any "deadline" quilts waiting.  It is nice to know that all of the ones I have waiting are "just whenever you get to it" quilts.  With the county fair and the state fair coming up at the end of July and August, I am sure that more of those deadlines will be coming in the next few weeks.  Thus far, I am still enjoying my work, but wishing I had more time to do my own projects.  Balancing my time is still a struggle, but I am getting faster and more productive all the time, so eventually, I hope to set aside a whole day of rest, and at least one day a week to scrapbook or sew on my own projects.  First, I want to catch up a bit on those that I have waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time from your busy life to comment on my blog!