Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.

Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey. My goal is to share a little about my life, and a lot about my longarm quilting business, Lone Tree Designs.

Friday, May 11, 2012

Taking it all for Granted.

  I have been working on several projects lately, as well as trying to keep up with my longarm business.  It seems that many days, I get up, have my coffee, and then work on whatever it is that I feel like working on for that day.  Routine can sometimes lull us into such complacency that we lose motivation and focus.  I was snapped back into a larger sense of thankfulness for my life recently when my husband had to have surgery to fuse vertebrae in his neck.  As I sat in the hospital waiting for word, I couldn't help thinking of what my life would be without him.  We will be married 26 years this summer.  Even as I write this, the doorbell rang, and a girl brought me flowers for Mother's Day from this wonderful man :)  Anyway, I realized that the routines of my life would be drastically changed if I didn't have him anymore.  I would probably have to return full time to my teaching career in order to provide for myself.  My empty nest would be even more empty.  I felt a new sense of compassion for those who have lost a spouse and are now alone, and I prayed that I would not yet join their ranks.  When the nurse called to tell me everything had gone well, I felt such relief and thankfulness!
  Now, he is home and doing very well, but daily I am reminded of all the little things he does for me.  I had to mow the yard this week!  I had to carry out the trash, and drag the big container to the curb.  I had to carry in all my groceries.  My daily activities haven't changed, but I am grateful for that.  It may be awhile before I take it all for granted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time from your busy life to comment on my blog!