Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.

Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey. My goal is to share a little about my life, and a lot about my longarm quilting business, Lone Tree Designs.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Silence is golden...or deafening...depending on your perspective!

My constant companion, Candy our Boston Terrier follows me around the house from room to room throughout the day.  She burrows under the quilts on our guest bed and just hangs out there while I quilt.  If I stop working and go to another room, she follows me.  I find her presence a great comfort on days when I am missing people.  Transitioning from teaching full time to working as an administrative assistant to working out of my home has been a journey.  The best and worst of it are the same...I am by myself all day.  The silence is sometimes really nice, but at other times I miss human companionship.  At those times, I text my husband, daughter, or friend Jo hoping to reach out and connect with another person. Thank goodness for texting!  I can make a connection without actually distracting them from their work or me from mine.  The creative process is rewarding in itself, but it would be great to have my machine in a quilt shop where I could just hang out and visit with customers,  However, if it was, I wouldn't get near as much done!  So, for now, every couple of weeks I head to the quilt shop in Kearney to help my mom and get some social interaction!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time from your busy life to comment on my blog!