Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.

Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey. My goal is to share a little about my life, and a lot about my longarm quilting business, Lone Tree Designs.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again!

 
 Well, the wedding is officially over and my nest is empty!  I am missing my daughter terribly, but I have been filling the hours with rearranging furniture, cleaning, and quilting.  It seemed like a really good time to make a fresh start, so I invited my friend Jo over to help me, and we rearranged my entire family room, moved stuff, and deep cleaned!  The next day, I rearranged and cleaned my bedroom all by myself.  Not so great on my back, but boy was my hubby surprised when he got home that day.  Finally, I have thrown myself into my quilting.  The quilts were kind of piling up during the last two weeks of December with the wedding and Christmas back to back.  I enjoyed six glorious days with my two grandchildren and their delightful mother:)  All my son did was watch football, but my daughter in law and I hung out and drank gallons of coffee.  After they were gone, the cleaning frenzy began.  Right now, I am working on quilts for my dad's cousin.  She brought me four at once that all need done by mid-January.  I am nearly done with the third of four.  I have added pictures of the ones that I have finished, as well as the one currently in progress.  I am using a variety of designs, and it has been fun to get back to work:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time from your busy life to comment on my blog!