Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.

Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey. My goal is to share a little about my life, and a lot about my longarm quilting business, Lone Tree Designs.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summertime, Oh Yay!

Wow!  It is June 16th already!  My daughter had her 18th birthday this past week, and wedding plans for her December wedding are in full swing!  Grandchild number two (from my son and his wife) is on the way, and we are anxiously awaiting the news of whether it is a boy or a girl.  My little grandson had his first birthday already.  I can't believe how fast time flies.  In the midst of all this excitement, I am quilting for customers, averaging 6-10 projects per month.  It is enough to keep me busy and bring in some extra income, but a small enough amount that I can still work on some of my own projects.  I am planning to take some pics of my latest little projects and post them soon.  This past week I finished a wallhanging, a baby quilt, and a doll quilt of my own while also quilting two small wallhangings for customers.  This weekend I am going to work at my mom's quilt shop while she attends a family reunion.  I guess I am just not old enough yet to truly appreciate the joys of family reunions.  Or, maybe, our family just doesn't do them properly.  All I know is that I traveled four hours to attend one last summer where my husband I were the youngest adults there by about 25 years, and there were a total of about 20 people in attendance.  Needless to say, this summer, I offered to work at the shop! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time from your busy life to comment on my blog!