Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.

Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey. My goal is to share a little about my life, and a lot about my longarm quilting business, Lone Tree Designs.

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Feeling a Little Wonky



  Last January, I did a workshop where I learned to make this beautiful quilt.  For more information, please see the following website:  http://elaineadairpieces.blogspot.com/
  It starts with a traditional log cabin block with 5 rounds of 1 1/2 inch pieces.  Just when you think you are finished...you CUT THEM UP!  To be honest, I loved the look of the standard log cabin blocks.  I had never made one before.  However, I paid for the class, and I was determined to make the finished project.  I am glad I did! The more blocks I got finished and the bigger the quilt grew on my design wall, the more I liked it.  (See pictures on my blog for a partially finished look).
  This quilt reminds me that sometimes life is not what you might expect, but it is still beautiful.  The straight, standard log cabin blocks are nice...if not a little boring.  BUT- take the plunge to cut them up and do something a little different and WOW!  Live life outside the box, and while you may end up a bit "wonky" you will NOT be bored!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time from your busy life to comment on my blog!