Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.

Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey. My goal is to share a little about my life, and a lot about my longarm quilting business, Lone Tree Designs.

Friday, March 15, 2013

Quilts, Classes, and New Techniques!



  Wow!  I can't believe how busy I have been since Christmas!  Last year, I had a bit of a slow down in February and March, and then got busy again in anticipation of graduation.  This year, I have had quilts coming in very steadily since January.  I had one customer call me in January to get her name on the list for four graduation quilts.  I have one done, and am waiting for her to finish and get the other three to me.  My business has been increasing at a very pleasing rate for the past year or so, but the more busy I get doing quilts for customers, the less time I have to work on my own projects.  In order to take a break and relax a bit, I keep my grandson every few weeks for a couple of days, sign up to take whatever classes that are offered through my quilt guild in Grand Island, and teach some classes over at the Quilters Cottage in Kearney.  I started a club using the Civil War Legacies book and new reproduction fabrics that mom has been ordering in for the shop.  We have only met once, and it was a lot of fun.  I am looking forward to the next meeting in a week.
  Yesterday, I took a class with Lynne Hagmeier from Kansas Troubles.  It was so fun!  We used techniques from her book, Loose Change, and I am excited to try some more as soon as I get the chance.  Her layered patchwork with raw edges is a fun new idea that I have never seen before, and it uses precuts, which makes it even more simple.  I highly recommend the book!  As soon as I finish my two projects, I will take pics and post them.  I finished a table round in two hours, and almost finished a table runner in the morning class!  Quick, easy, and fast!  Just what a busy woman needs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time from your busy life to comment on my blog!