Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.

Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey. My goal is to share a little about my life, and a lot about my longarm quilting business, Lone Tree Designs.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Snow Days and Priorities

For 16 years, I was a schoolteacher.  If you count the years prior to that when I was in college, and even dating back to kindergarten, I have spent a lot of years looking forward to snow days.  Now that I work from home, the idea of a snow day isn't quite what it used to be:)  It is a day like any other, except that, this time, my husband is actually taking a day off of work to stay home because of weather!  He never does that!  In the 20 some years we have lived here, I can't remember more than once or twice that he has stayed home from work due to bad weather.  So, what shall I do tomorrow?  I will probably spend some time working, as will he.  However, I am pretty sure that the day will include a roaring fire in the fireplace, a couple of cups of hot cocoa, and a thankful heart that this snow day will be shared with the man I love.  When your work is in the next room, sometimes it is hard to remember that work is not the most important thing in your life.  Relationships and family should always trump work.  A snow day gives me the opportunity to place my priorities in the right order:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time from your busy life to comment on my blog!