Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.

Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey. My goal is to share a little about my life, and a lot about my longarm quilting business, Lone Tree Designs.

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Never a Dull Moment in Quiltland!

  So, this past month has been a whirlwind of longarming graduation quilts for customers, and running around doing my thing.  I am pooped!  However, all of my deadline quilts are caught up (for now), and my craziest week so far this year has just ended.  So, I have some time to share a bit of what's been happening in my life.  
  One thing that I was privileged to do was to design this year's Row by Row pattern for the Quilters Cottage in Kearney, NE.  It isn't quilted and bound yet, but the row is complete and the picture of it has been sent in to the coordinator!  I am very pleased with how it turned out.
Row by Row complete with barn quilt and an old fashioned pickup with bolts of fabric in the back!
  Another really enjoyable experience was a four day retreat in Bennington, KS at the Kansas Troubles retreat center.  Lynn Hagmeier and her husband Robert were so sweet to us!  A group of 9 had such a great time and got a lot done.  If you have never been to Kansas Troubles, it is a pilgrimage that you must make!  Words cannot adequately describe the retreat center in the upstairs of an old downtown building.  It has the most gorgeous tin ceilings I have ever seen and is filled with antiques.  I loved every square inch of the place.  The fact that I got to sew with friends for several days was just icing on the cake!  Sorry the photos aren't great.  It's dark for cell phone photos everywhere except for the sewing area where there is plenty of light.  To see more photos, be sure to check out my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/lonetreedesignsquilting/
  In addition to keeping up with my customer quilts, I had two speaking engagements this past week!  The first was in Holdrege, NE where I gave a program using my quilts on color selection.  It was an hour long, rapid-fire trunk show using my quilts as both examples of what works and what doesn't work in selecting fabrics for an attractive end result.
  I also spoke in Wahoo, NE during this past week giving a one hour trunk show.  It was a very nice group of ladies who call themselves the "Crazy Quilters" :)  I loved their guild name!    
  *Sidebar:  My Facebook page for Lone Tree Designs is a great place to find lots of pictures and comments about what I am currently working on for myself, and to see pictures of customer quilts on and off the longarm.  I encourage you to Like that page and follow me on my many adventures in Quiltland!
Kansas Troubles retreat center uses lots of antique quilts.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time from your busy life to comment on my blog!