Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.

Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey. My goal is to share a little about my life, and a lot about my longarm quilting business, Lone Tree Designs.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

April Activities



  April has been super busy!  I helped my mom with the annual NIFS Shop Hop which lasted from April 9 through the 19th.  In preparation for that event, I designed a pattern for our shop quilt and called it "Follow the Dots."  Our friend and super sample sewer Nancy sewed my pattern into the really fun solids quilt, and I custom quilted it in time to display it for our "hoppers"--Then, I decided to modify the pattern slightly, and use some of  the Shop Hop fabric, to create the black, gray, and Nebraska version.  I love both versions, and, actually, this pattern is so much fun that I have decided to self-publish and sell it now that the hop is over.  I create patterns for kits at the shop quite often, and I have decided that I should start making a little money from my creativity!  So, Lone Tree Designs is officially venturing into pattern sales:)
  A while ago, we had a Calendar club at the shop where we made these great little wall hangings.  I made all 12, but never got around to quilting and finishing them.  It seemed like a good month to finish small projects, so I quilted 8 of these babies so far this month!  I sew binding by machine on most projects of this type, and thus far, I have bound 5 of them.  My sewing room door is outfitted with a special ordered quilt hanger just the right size for these wall quilts, and I am looking forward to hanging one each month to brighten my hallway.  Even though these are small, it feels great to be finished!  I am continuing with our facebook group goal of working on and/or finishing a project each month.  This year, I have finished lots of projects and can't wait to look back at the end of the year at my list and breathe a long sigh of happiness that I accomplished so much!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, Sandi, on your venture into pattern publishing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time from your busy life to comment on my blog!