Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.

Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey. My goal is to share a little about my life, and a lot about my longarm quilting business, Lone Tree Designs.

Thursday, November 6, 2014

"Frosty" Weather has Returned...


 Do you ever notice that fall weather here in central Nebraska is extremely unpredictable?  One day it is a lovely, frosty, 40 degrees and the next, it is a balmy 70 degrees.  I am not ashamed to say that I prefer the 40 degree weather!  For one thing, it makes me think of Christmas, which is far and away my favorite holiday.  For another, I get the urge to bake yummy things and make tasty soups!  Finally, I love to cuddle up on the couch in a cozy sweater with a favorite quilt, a stack of magazines, and a steamy, hot cup of coffee.  Is there anything more wonderful?
  Well, there is one thing...the return of all out, no distractions, "quilting season."  No more gardening, no more yard work.  No hot, sweaty weather that makes us want to stay away from our warm, toasty quilts:)  To celebrate the return of "frosty" weather, I decided to make a very easy, very fun little SOB (slap on borders) out of this cute, cute, cute Frosty the Snowman panel that I purchased while Hubby and I traveled this summer.  To make him nice and fluffy, I used two layers of hand-quilt poly batting (it also made him hang just a bit wonky, but Oh, well!)  He is now happily hanging in my otherwise all decorated for fall entryway.  Every time I look at him, I smile and have visions of snowflakes dancing in my head...bring on the white stuff, I am ready :)

4 comments:

  1. I love your cute Frosty. I'm with you, love the cold because of the same reasons. comfort food, sweaters, snuggling under quilts and sewing new ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even my husband mentioned the other night that he loves piling the quilts on the bed when the weather turns cold. There is just something so special about quilts...it's like being wrapped in love:)

      Delete
  2. I'm with you on the cooler weather. It's coming next week! Love the snowman but won't get mine out just yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toni, everything else in the house is decorated for fall...I just had to hang Frosty for a few days because he makes me smile:) Before the kids come home for Thanksgiving, he will have to come down and the fall wall quilt will go back up :) Frosty will make a wonderful addition to my snowman decorated entryway this year, though :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking time from your busy life to comment on my blog!