Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.

Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey. My goal is to share a little about my life, and a lot about my longarm quilting business, Lone Tree Designs.

Monday, August 4, 2014

Merrily we "row" along...

  This summer, I am taking part in a national row by row collecting spree!  It has been so much fun...and the summer isn't over yet!  We signed up at the Quilters Cottage back in the spring to be a part of the Row by Row Experience.  This year's theme is Sewing the Seasons, and each shop was to pick a season for the theme for their row.  Rows were to be exactly 36 1/2" long and between 6 1/2" and 9 1/2" tall.  Well, we had just received some fun winter and Christmas fabrics at the shop---hence our row was born.  Each state coordinator was to create a Facebook page where the participating shops could show off their rows and, ultimately, the winners could be posted.
  Well, as I started looking at the rows on Facebook, I couldn't help being pulled in and found myself wanting to collect some myself!  A friend and I took a little "Row Hop" up to the northeastern part of Nebraska to collect rows.  In one day we hit shops in Columbus, Norfolk, Wayne, Wakefield, West Point, and Fremont.  This past weekend, I picked up rows from Cozad and North Platte.  I hit the York shop one day while taking my grandkids home after a short visit.  Next on the list...my hubby is taking me to Paducah to the National Quilt Museum...I will be collecting more rows all the way!  I can't wait!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time from your busy life to comment on my blog!