Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.

Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey. My goal is to share a little about my life, and a lot about my longarm quilting business, Lone Tree Designs.

Friday, May 23, 2014

What I am Working on Now...

Once in awhile, I like to take a break from my longarm business, and work on sewing projects of my own:)  I belong to two quilt guilds and we have various projects throughout the year.  One of my favorites is our yearly BOM (Block of the Month for you newbies out there) in the Lone Tree Quilters guild here at home.  We have done round robins, row robins, a common pattern, and surprise monthly blocks.  This year, I am in charge of the patterns for the surprise blocks.  I chose a 12" block so that people would have a nice little lap quilt once they add borders.  My plan is to create setting blocks in a chain pattern to put between my blocks in order to create a bigger quilt, and to break up the craziness of my blocks.  I chose a very vibrant Laurel Burch fabric for my blocks, and they will need separated out in order to be shown to their best advantage.  So, what am I working on now...BOM blocks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time from your busy life to comment on my blog!