Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.

Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey. My goal is to share a little about my life, and a lot about my longarm quilting business, Lone Tree Designs.

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Christmas is Coming!



 
One of the gals in my facebook quilting group pointed out the other day that there were only 146 days until Christmas!  If you are like me, you haven't yet thought about Christmas rolling around that soon!  I had my first Christmas quilting project this last week.  Some people are already ahead of the game!  Considering that I now have a 3 month waiting list for my customers, I am starting to think that it is time for people to finish up their projects and call me to get their names on "the list" (which is just my way of referring to my data base where I keep track of who's quilt is next to be finished).  My life is now governed by "the list."  It tells me who is waiting, how long they have been waiting, how big their quilt is, and my estimate of how long it will take me to finish it!  Each time I finish a project, I go into "the list" and document when I delivered the finished project, look for upcoming deadlines, and see who is next to be quilted.  I also look to see if I need to call someone to get their quilt brought to me.  I try not to keep more than a dozen here at the house, and the rest are waiting to be called.  It is a good system.   If any of you other longarmers out there have a better way to be organized, I would welcome your suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time from your busy life to comment on my blog!