Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.

Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey. My goal is to share a little about my life, and a lot about my longarm quilting business, Lone Tree Designs.

Friday, September 7, 2012

Trying to promote the Blog...I am not smart enough for this stuff!

Okay, here is a confession...while I consider myself a smarter than average person, I am quite lazy when it comes to learning new things-especially when it comes to technology.  I read a book about blogging and it looked kind of fun.  So, I decided to do this blog.  I enjoy looking at other people's blogs, and I wanted to promote my business, so I jumped in.  Well, I am enjoying it.  However, I don't have many followers, so I decided to try to promote my blog by using a quilters blog promotion site.  http://www.allquilting.biz/quilt-blogs/  It is so nice of them to help people promote their blogs, and so, I want to give them a shout out!  Please, go to their blog and see what they have to offer.  I feel like I could do so much more with this blog, but I don't want to spend too much time on the computer when I should be quilting for customers.  Speaking of which, I finished a couple of quilts in the last couple of weeks, so I will post their pictures below.
Back of a mystery quilt.
Custom free-motion work made this quilt special.
 

2 comments:

  1. A good way to promote your blog and see how others do theirs is to go and join a blog link. They have a few of them for traditional quilters - google Judy Patchworks and WIP Wednesdays - I'm sure that will help!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time from your busy life to comment on my blog!