Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.

Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey. My goal is to share a little about my life, and a lot about my longarm quilting business, Lone Tree Designs.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Fair Time

It's that time of year...frantic last minute calls that go something like this, "How far out are you?  Well, I was wondering if there was any way possible that you could do a quilt for me in time for fair?  I am sorry to be calling so late...."  The answer?  Sometimes "yes" and sometimes "no," but mostly "no."  I do try to keep some spots open this time of year for those calls, and I love knowing that my work will be seen by lots of people at our local county fair and at the Nebraska State Fair, which, by the way, has a fabulous quilt show.  If you have never been to the quilt show at the Nebraska State Fair, I would highly recommend it.  There are hundreds of beautiful quilts running from novice to professional skill levels.  It is quite inspiring as a quilter to see what others around the state are making.  The fair this year will be from the weekend of the 25th of August through Labor Day weekend and is located in Grand Island.  I am entering two quilts this year, and although I don't expect to win anything, I enjoy seeing my work hanging at the fair.  The deadline for online entry is August 8, so it's not too late for you to enter your work!  Go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time from your busy life to comment on my blog!