Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.

Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey. My goal is to share a little about my life, and a lot about my longarm quilting business, Lone Tree Designs.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Spring has Sprung!!!

Ah, Spring!  What a wonderful time of year.  The grass is green. The tulips are blooming, All feels right with the world.  My knee is finally starting to feel somewhat normal after my surgery.  Next week, I can start swimming again, and I am so looking forward to the exercise.  It has been four weeks since I have been able to do any kind of exercise!  I am also back to quilting in earnest trying to catch up on everything that I got behind on while I was out of commission.  I just finished what is definitely one of my best looking quilts ever the other day.  I used Kim Bruner's Twirly Whirly Feathers technique, and it turned out really cool.  I will be using more of that technique in the future, for sure.  Today, I am off to a baby shower for my daughter in law's brother and wife, who also happen to be former students of mine.  Looking forward to seeing everyone there.  After that, hubby and I are headed for a "date" with no particular plan.  I do believe it will include a stop at a greenhouse and the purchase of some flowers for my front porch, though.  Yay!  Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time from your busy life to comment on my blog!