Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey.

Welcome to my blog. I was inspired by the book, "Blogging for Bliss" by Tara Frey. My goal is to share a little about my life, and a lot about my longarm quilting business, Lone Tree Designs.

Friday, September 1, 2017

Quilting is a Blessing!

Buggy Barn pattern makes Happy Jacks!
 Many times in life we tend to take things for granted.  I didn't realize just how much I take my health for granted until I became pretty ill.
  I had found out in January that I was "slightly anemic", but didn't really know what that meant and wasn't all that concerned.  I figured my body would fix the problem on it's own, so didn't ever go in for a follow up visit.  Over the next several months, I just kept feeling more and more tired.  By the time summer rolled around, I was taking up to two naps a day!  You would think that would have convinced me to seek help, but I stubbornly kept holding on to the belief that I would get better on my own.
  Finally, at the end of July, I had a couple of incidents that caused me to seek medical attention.  Things happened very quickly after the doctor tested my blood and found that my hemoglobin number was 6.8.  A transfusion followed by surgery quickly followed.  
  All that background is there to lend credibility to my 
next statement, "Quilting is a Blessing!"  

Tula's Neighborhood

For much of the summer, I wasn't getting a lot of quilting done.  I wanted to work, and I did get customer quilts done, but by the time I did that, I just didn't have any energy left to work on my own projects.  

  As of today, I am three weeks post surgery, and I feel fabulous compared to the last several months!  I am trying not to overdo, but in this past week, I have finished piecing my En Provence mystery quilt, added borders to my Happy Jacks and custom quilted it, and custom quilted my Tula's Neighborhood quilt.  It has been so wonderful to be quilting and sewing again and to have the energy to actually make progress on my projects!
  Next week,  I will return to my customer quilts and be back to work. My late September and October calendars are full of activities, and I am thrilled that I will feel well enough to really enjoy them!  I'm ready to hit the ground running as soon as my 6 week recovery period is over.  If I continue to feel better each week, I will be ready for any challenge :)

Bonnie Hunter's En Provence with a couple of my own tweaks!
  The reality is that none of us knows when a health problem may sideline us for an indefinite amount of time.  I often forget that, but I have a feeling that, at least for the near future, I will appreciate the good health and the energy that I have been blessed with and use that energy to catch up on some of the things that have been neglected for awhile!  So many projects...where do I start!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time from your busy life to comment on my blog!